Pellet shortage already?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mikhen

Oct 8, 2011
Oley, pa
Lowes and Home Depot in east central Pa are out and none on order. Anyone else having problems getting any? I know it's been cold but it's early yet.

Have you tried Tractor Supply or Family Farm and Home or Rural King?

I think it comes down to who is in charge of ordering at store level. My home hardware consistantly runs out and usually weeks between getting more with the excuse it's the supplier. But the hardware store across town always has stock.. the pellet plant is only 5 hours away...lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I was in Wilkes-Barre lowes this past week, and they were clearing out on their pellets. Not enough to get me to stack more, but a bit of a price cut.

Southwick, MA TSC has been out of pellets for a while. The IBS down the street just got a truckload of Warm Fronts, and wants $8.29/bag. TSC has been getting $5.19/bag.

Southwick, MA TSC has been out of pellets for a while. The IBS down the street just got a truckload of Warm Fronts, and wants $8.29/bag. TSC has been getting $5.19/bag.

Ouch!! Remember their price gouging and avoid them like the plague come summertime.

If you don't mind a little drive, give Kegerreis Stoves in Bernville, PA a call and see what they've got. That is where I get mine. Some good brands for around big box store pricing. Wouldn't be worth the drive unless you've got a truck or trailer and can get a ton or more at a time. If you just buy 10 or 20 bags at a time I don't think the drive would be worth it, unless you want to try some premium brands

Ouch!! Remember their price gouging and avoid them like the plague come summertime.

Definitely! I had a hint of what was coming when I saw their sign out front saying that they had wood pellets in stock. After seeing that, I was not surprised to find the TSC was dry.