Pellet stove and cancer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
looking at my new castle serenity pellet stove manual, I notice there is a warning related to something about the stove potentially increasing cancer risk. It was a very vague statement. Anyone know what this relates to in terms of pellet stove use?

Sounds like lawerize- cover your posterior for any thing and everything- aka insurance.

Like Blade said "Lawyereze".
It could be from the grease and oil that are used in the manufacturing process and or maintenance of the stove.

This tag is on almost every product that would potentially be sold in CA. It soulds like a generic warning.

Warning: This product is known to the state of Kalifornistan to cause cancer!

looking at my new castle serenity pellet stove manual, I notice there is a warning related to something about the stove potentially increasing cancer risk. It was a very vague statement. Anyone know what this relates to in terms of pellet stove use?
Your going to die from something.might as well die from enjoying the heat!

Yea . No worries, you’ll only get cancer if you regularly eat the paint or gnaw on the cord like a rat. The sell them in Komifornia and their superior scientific intellect dictate such foolish warnings.
Now of you want to really get into cancer from your house ask 10 people if they have ever checked their basement for RADON. 8 will give you a vacant stare and most will just say there’s no radiation [emoji856]in their soil. Second only to smoking in causing lung cancer and most people never heard of it. Sadly it’s fairly easy to mitigate [emoji2958]if you only spend $10 to buy a test kit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: FirepotPete

All things today have to have a series of warnings. Think of it like buying a snack at the store. You read the label and it will tell you that this product was made on equipment that also makes products with peanuts, tree nuts, soy, dairy etc. If you are allergic to one of those products, it can be a life or death bit of information that you would be very glad to have on the label. Though it seems silly to put cancer warnings on a stove etc., it has it's plus side too. It's information that if it were not law to put on a product, may get suppressed in name of profit and people can die.

So read the warnings and what are warning you about, but dont worry about them unless you are in some way susceptible to harm by the conditions you are being warned about.

It's the fact that after hundreds of years and billions of dollars in research science has proven that once you are born you will die - of something!
Has anyone noticed that no one dies of old age anymore?