Pellet stove didn't feed pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slickplant35

Jul 19, 2008
Northeast
I have the avalon astoria and I wanted to test it to make sure the smell is totally gone. I have one of those thermostats that sits on the counter. I turned on the stove and it never started feeding pellets. The auger light was blinking but pellets never came down. Any ideas? I am going to call the store tomorrow but I was curious

how long did you let it run? If the stove is new you are supose to prime the auger. It will take a while for the pellets to fill up the auger shaft before they drop into the burn pot. I'm not sure if thats the problem but just though I would mention it. Good Luck

I ran the pellet stove before. I read in the book something about the heat output and the settings. I am so confused I will talk to the store tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.