Pellet stove feeding too fast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Matt8862

Jul 11, 2019
Virginia
Hi, and hope I am in the right place. Have had this Englander 1500 sqft pellet stove for about 6 years now. I believe it is a 55-SHP10 although I cannot make out the model to be sure.

I actually have two problems. The igniter does not work, which I have got by with using a gel to ignite it in the time being, and the feeder feeds way too fast. It actually seems to feed at the same amount regardless of the heat setting. I set to 1 and the fire is blazing through the whole burn pot, and setting it to 9 does the same. It does burn all the pellets, but does so at a level of 9 regardless of the setting.

When I first bought the stove, a 1 setting would burn pretty low and put out a good warm heat, and 9 would send you out of the room.

I do clean my stove very often and have burned the same type of pellets. My cleaning routine has me cleaning the exhaust pipe once per month, the pot after every burn, and behind the back plate once per month.

I wonder if my issue could be linked to the igniter, or perhaps the control board is bad which is why the igniter and the feed speed is not right?

If anyone has any insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi, and hope I am in the right place. Have had this Englander 1500 sqft pellet stove for about 6 years now. I believe it is a 55-SHP10 although I cannot make out the model to be sure.

I actually have two problems. The igniter does not work, which I have got by with using a gel to ignite it in the time being, and the feeder feeds way too fast. It actually seems to feed at the same amount regardless of the heat setting. I set to 1 and the fire is blazing through the whole burn pot, and setting it to 9 does the same. It does burn all the pellets, but does so at a level of 9 regardless of the setting.

When I first bought the stove, a 1 setting would burn pretty low and put out a good warm heat, and 9 would send you out of the room.

I do clean my stove very often and have burned the same type of pellets. My cleaning routine has me cleaning the exhaust pipe once per month, the pot after every burn, and behind the back plate once per month.

I wonder if my issue could be linked to the igniter, or perhaps the control board is bad which is why the igniter and the feed speed is not right?

If anyone has any insight, I would greatly appreciate it.
I actually had the same model for about 5 years and then have the same problem you do. I replaced all the blowers and that didn't do anything so I ended up giving it away and never heard from the person who picked it up with her we got it fixed. New Englander phone help said it wasn't the control board but if it wasn't a control board what could it be the auger motor? Good luck and let us know how you make out

If the auger motor starts running as soon as power is turned on, I'd suspect a shorted triac or stuck relay. Both items are inexpensive and not too hard to change on the control board.

I actually had the same model for about 5 years and then have the same problem you do. I replaced all the blowers and that didn't do anything so I ended up giving it away and never heard from the person who picked it up with her we got it fixed. New Englander phone help said it wasn't the control board but if it wasn't a control board what could it be the auger motor? Good luck and let us know how you make out
Once I get this sorted ill post the fix.

Motor stays on or igniter?