Pellet Stove Insert for Shallow Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AONV1862

Feb 19, 2021
Virginia
Hello! I'm new to the forum but have found many threads educational and of great interest. I am searching for a pellet stove insert for a shallow fireplace in a 1900 farmhouse. The fireplace measures 26" high x 26" wide. The problem is the depth: 13" at the bottom and only 11" deep at the top. Does anyone know of a pellet stove insert that will fit such a shallow fireplace? Thank you!

Thank you for your prompt reply. Unfortunately, due to the small size of the room, we were hoping to avoid a freestanding stove in favor of an insert. While we have larger rooms with chimney thimbles which could more easily accommodate a freestanding stove, I suspect circulating the hot air would be more of a challenge as those rooms are not centrally located or near our HVAC return vents (we had hoped to circulate the air via the fan setting). Your response is appreciated!