Pellet stove question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amps2amps

Dec 23, 2008
Fingerlakes NY
First time poster here. I have a Breckwell P-2000 pellet stove. Problem I'm having with it is when I set it on the "D" setting, the burn pot fills up through the course of the day and needs to be cleaned daily or it will overflow. "C" setting seems to be better...can get through a few days without messing with it but doesn't heat nearly as much as "D". I've messed with the damper settings plenty..doesn't make a deference with the problem. I should mention that I'm getting a soot build up on the glass as well. Any ideas would be great! Thank you
Kevin

Kevin, can't help you with the stove, as I don't own one, but advice for next time is to put the name & model # of your stove in the thread title ("Need help with settings on Breckwell P-2000") or something like that.....then hopefully only people that are familiar w/ it will respond.

Or you could start a new thread

Hope this helps.

Most stove problems are caused by a dirty stove... sounds like you need to do a through cleaning including all the hidden nooks and crannies...

full cleaning, then open the damper 3/4 open , soot is due to restricted air flow, just needs more

j00fek said:
full cleaning, then open the damper 3/4 open , soot is due to restricted air flow, just needs more
I guess I'd disagree about opening the damper that far... if it needs to be open that far you have a dirty stove. My damper is open the width of a pencil and I never change it. Last year I had a sooty fire and had the service tech come out (my dealer has an excellent service dept. and sez 80% of all stove problems come from a dirty stove.)... he cleaned the stove, reset the damper on a pencil and it hasn't given me any more trouble.

Sorry for hijacking the thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.