Pellet stove to chimney.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Steveom

Apr 14, 2020
Riverside, ca
Hello i had a roof leak and had to remove the wall behind my pellet stove, i was shocked to see how it had been installed. Im in need of some info on how it should be what rating pipe to use and how to run through my existing chimney as its not correct now with the red duct tape. Seems like the vent is single wall flex and doesnt seem kike a good idea. Even the tape around were it connected to stove melted. Glad we found this when we did. Thank you. Please help

Attachments

• 20200414_145007.jpg
    20200414_145007.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 20200414_124028.jpg
    20200414_124028.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 157
What kind of chimney is it through the roof?
6 in. class A
Just saw that some of it, is b vent that's a no, no
has to be replaced with a pellet stove chimney
Selkirk, or dura vent or others

Last edited:
Yes the chimney goes out roof. You can kind of see in photo the flex pipe enters the roof chimney part i belive was like 12" but i have no clue what class it is. Its all duct taped and messy to try to remove but ill be getting it more apart today when im home from work. Ill look into those brands a bit thank you @johneh

If it were me I would take it all out and start over with pellet vent.

But the existing stucture on the roof i can use correct. Just reline it with a pellet vent?
Depends on what it is
Remove all that garbage and see what you have

Might be better to run out the wall and abandon the existing pipe if possible. I'm assuming the walls are above ground.
But then you know what happens when we assume something.

Might be better to run out the wall and abandon the existing pipe if possible. I'm assuming the walls are above ground.
But then you know what happens when we assume something.
Haha yea there above ground. The wall is however stucco stone veeneered. I wasnt able to tare into it yet our dog was sick but hopefully ill have some answers tonight. Thank you everyone for the help.