Pellet stoves with burn pot stirrers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

vondonna

Dec 14, 2017
Northern Indiana
I have a Magnum Countryside in my house and I love it. I'm looking for a pellet stove for my shop, but don't want to spend $3K for another Countryside. I'm NOT looking for a fancy stove (again this is for a garage/shop), the more basic the better. 50K BTU at least. But most importantly, I absolutely want a burn pot stirrer.

I've done many Google searches and continue to come up empty handed. Can you tell me what brand/model you have that has a stirrer in the burn pot.

Thanks in advance.

Just curious - why do you insist on a stirrer? There are lots of stoves that run will without one.

I have a Magnum Countryside in my house and I love it. I'm looking for a pellet stove for my shop, but don't want to spend $3K for another Countryside. I'm NOT looking for a fancy stove (again this is for a garage/shop), the more basic the better. 50K BTU at least. But most importantly, I absolutely want a burn pot stirrer.

I've done many Google searches and continue to come up empty handed. Can you tell me what brand/model you have that has a stirrer in the burn pot.

Thanks in advance.
I got rid of their stirrer and went with their Cast Iron clinker pot. Way better. Check Madison Craigs 3500's on there quite often.

My Enviro M-55 Cast has a "Burn Pot Agitator".
But it was in the $3K range new.
---Nailer---

Thanks in advance.
Buy yourself a used Harman PC45 They have a stirrer plus they can burn corn or pellets and if burning pellets you can buy a kit which increase BTU output to 50,000. If you want to eliminate the stirrer when burning pellets you can also do that.
I just put in a new auger motor in a Harman PC45 due to a loose bolt found in the fuel which jammed the auger but this stove has been run for 13 years with original exh fan, blower fan, Igniter and control board. Most people with Box store stoves get 3 years and are replacing parts.

Last edited:
Try looking at the 10-cpm from Englander. Love mine. New $2k. Factory 2nd aprox $1100. Best bang for the buck