Pellet Summer Buy Program, if any

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
I not trying to start a panic but get ready for higher pellet prices this year, if you will be able to find pellets.

I have been getting some information on Summer Buy Programs from a few Pellet Mills. From what I am hearing there will be a few pellet companies NOT having a summer buy. I would start watching for good deals, not like you have not been.

Last May and June I had pellets for $185 retail. That will not be even close this year. From what I see I am going to be paying a lot more than that to get them to me.

Plan ahead and do not wait for last minute deals, there will be none.

Eric

I've planned ahead... I've always pre-bought my pellets, but I've pretty much already decided I'm not going to replenish my pellet inventory this season due to today's overinflated pellet prices. I just flat out refuse to support these prices. I should have at least a couple of tons left, so I'll either sell them at a profit and get out of the pellet game all together, or just use them as needed in the future.

Better run and hide Eric, I can here the lynch mob forming. I've been down this road before.
I hate to say it guys but " I TOLD YOU SO!"
Anyone looking to buy a pellet stove now or in the future should seriously consider a proven multifuel stove. It won't be too many years before they develop/perfect an alternative to pellets.

I won't be shocked if some dealers do not longer offer early buys this year but
I do expect the prices to come down soon as the supply continues to build.
Until then, my plan is to wait it out until I find a decent price again.

Status
Not open for further replies.