Pellets from MAINE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catfishjack

Sep 11, 2008
Northern NY
Trying to find a good buy on pellets..there high everywhere..$280.00 per ton delivered seems to be the best deal..They are Premium pellets ( hard wood) from Maine..Anyone know of Maine pellets to stay away from? They don;t really have a brand name on them.. Your help is appreciated?

Okay all you Maine Pellet burners; Are these any good:
Maine Woods Pellet Company, Premium Wood Pellets, Athens, Maine 04912
All comments are appreciated.

I burned a ton of them. My Harman P68 will burn just about any pellet but they were not my favorite. I will probably never buy them again unless I had no other options. The fines were rediculous and the pellets burned very dirty. I heard the manufacturer has made some improvements but I have not tried any of their new and improved pellets.

You might want to search this forum for "Maine pellets". One thing I like about the board is that there usually has been some discussion of stove topics that interest me. Even with more opinions than numbers in some posts, they can get you started. (Obviously my suggestion doesn't mean I think the earlier posts address your specific questions today, only that they could be helpful)

Status
Not open for further replies.