New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Pellets in Southern NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mzylak

Aug 24, 2015
Goffstown, NH
Hi all,

New member here, this will be my 2nd year burning pellets. I'm having a hard time finding decent pellets at a reasonable price based on other pricing I've seen on these forums. Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Here is what I have been able to find so far:

Home Depot Manchester NH:
Stove Chow
Freedom Fuel
Heat'rs
All $259/ton

Lowes Bedford NH:
I called and they have 2 types in stock, can't remember the names but I think one was Green Supreme. Same price as HD I think.

Woodpellets.com:
Has a few different types but a little too pricey IMO

All Basic Stove Shop, Merrimack NH:

Energex blend $285
Energex Hardwood $295
Energex Gold $320

Anyone know of better/cheaper alternatives to the above? Leaning towards HD Stove Chow currently but willing to pay more for a decent brand. Difference between stove chow and energex is not worth $25 to me. Any advice is appreciated

LG Granules @ Demars Garden Center, 294.50 / ton local pickup only (woodpellets.com) - if you are looking for a good softwood pellet that throws out heat.

Check Hearthworks in Hooksett. I think they carried Vermont's last year and there's an Agway(?) just north of there near Rt 3 that had Lacrete's last year for a fair price.

I've had good luck buying at Tractor Supply. If you download iGepir to a smartphone you can scan their brand UPC and figure out the manufacturer. I brought home 2 tons of Maine Woods pellts last weekend. $265 a ton.

As of noon today, Lowes in Bedford, NH has Cheat River and Pres-to logs for 5.48/bag (I think) or get 50+ bags for 5.18/bag. They also have Green Supremes and Maine's Choice but didn't check price on those as they aren't as good.

Reactions: Peterfield
Stopped by HD in Keene late last week and they had 100's of tons, mostly Stove Chow and Green Supreme's, $259/ton.

Maine's Choice is still 4.98/bag at the Walmart in Bedford - same price as last year (these burned okay in the P61a). Pennington's is still in the mid-$5 range, like last year (I wouldn't even bother buying these if they were cheaper though).

Check out A&B Lumber in Concord - last yr had Vermont @ $300 incl delivery. Also Agway in Bow. Stove Keepers in Milford...quote?

A week ago the Lowe's in Rochester had Green Supreme, Maines Choice, and Nations Choice for $5.29/bag and $246/ton. A little cheaper than the HD at $259/ton. Just checked website, and Lowe's is now at $5.98/bag and $278/ton. Not sure why the sudden price bump.

Saw Pres-to-Logs at the Concord Lowe's today for $5.58/bag. Get a discount for 50+ bags. Previously only saw the Pres-to's at the Bedford Lowe's.

Stopped by HD in Concord and they are loaded with Fireside Ultra's. The piles are stacked on top of each other. I did t count them but no hurry, they'll be there for some time.

Reactions: bogieb
Stopped by HD in Concord and they are loaded with Fireside Ultra's. The piles are stacked on top of each other. I did t count them but no hurry, they'll be there for some time.
Ooh, that's nice to know. I'm almost down to being able to burn the left over FSU's from last year. So, if the P43 likes them, I'll probably pick up a few bags. With now having an Explorer instead of the Patriot, a "few" means more than 15 or 20 ;)

Ooh, that's nice to know. I'm almost down to being able to burn the left over FSU's from last year. So, if the P43 likes them, I'll probably pick up a few bags. With now having an Explorer instead of the Patriot, a "few" means more than 15 or 20 ;)

cheaper to buy by the ton and keep in mind the load limit of the shocks. Best thing I ever bought was a small trailer. Blew out both shocks in the rear after hauling 25 bags during the shortages.

cheaper to buy by the ton and keep in mind the load limit of the shocks. Best thing I ever bought was a small trailer. Blew out both shocks in the rear after hauling 25 bags during the shortages.
Thanks for the advice.

Stopped bynA&B today. All they have is Maine Wood Pellets for $300/ton. No Vermonts anticipated.
Missed this one yesterday - that is too bad that they aren't carrying Vermont's this year. I just got down enough in the leftovers from last year that the 1 bag of Vermont's is accessible. Will save it for a really cold day (Jan. or Feb.) but it would have been nice to pick up a couple more to go with it. They were too pricey last year ($7.50/bag I believe) to buy more than a few bags, but the ones I burned were very hot and clean.

We ordered our 4 tons of Vermont's from Fallon's Home & Hearth in N. Hampton back in May, were told late summer delivery. In August got an email from Fallon's saying that Vermont told them they couldn't take any new orders but should be able to deliver on orders already placed. Got ours delivered end of Sept.
Don't know what the issue is with Vermont's this year, raw material supply? production facility issues? demand outstripping ability to produce?

Sam

Was at the Concord HD today and they only have FSU's out on the floor (don't know if there is anything else in stock). They are $5.18/bag or $259/ton. Pretty sure that is what they were last year. And, if you have their CC, you should be able to get the 5% discount, so get it for about $4.93/bag or $246/ton - not a bad price for a decent pellet around here.

I've had good luck buying at Tractor Supply. If you download iGepir to a smartphone you can scan their brand UPC and figure out the manufacturer. I brought home 2 tons of Maine Woods pellts last weekend. $265 a ton.
Tractor Supply on Rt 4 in Chichester, store brand of hardwood blend. $229.50/ton. Probably NOT made by New England Wood pellet as the pallets they came on were "reconditioned" and the New England Wood Pellets tons I've bought have always come on new shiny pallets. How many pallets of pellets can Peter Piper... or perhaps, the pallet from the palace has the pellets with the poison?

Was at the Concord HD today and they only have FSU's out on the floor (don't know if there is anything else in stock). They are $5.18/bag or $259/ton. Pretty sure that is what they were last year. And, if you have their CC, you should be able to get the 5% discount, so get it for about $4.93/bag or $246/ton - not a bad price for a decent pellet around here.
HD does not give the 5% discount on pellets, and they are/have ended the discount altogether :(

Status
Not open for further replies.