New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Pellets in Southern NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had good luck buying at Tractor Supply. If you download iGepir to a smartphone you can scan their brand UPC and figure out the manufacturer. I brought home 2 tons of Maine Woods pellts last weekend. $265 a ton.
What a great app! I just picked up 2 tons at TS of the same brand for $229.50 per ton, Very happy to see a price drop in a year where oil is so cheap.

HD does not give the 5% discount on pellets, and they are/have ended the discount altogether :(
Yeah, they ended the 5% discount last weekend. Previously I always got the discount on pellets though. Now, I don't have much incentive to go to HD or use their CC. Their loss, I'm still doing plenty of work on my house . . .

brief discussion with South Shore Wood Pellets yesterday.
thinking out loud here. with oil $1.50-1.60 fuel bricks @ $300/ton that is almost 200 gals. roughly 2 mos. burn each. no gain anymore except for the ambiance. any sales of realistic savings on the horizon. another 50* + weekend on the way. again just thinkin?

"}' data-testid="fb-ufi-likelink">LikeCommentShare
Chronological

Comments
402379_319218974789417_1177427885_n.jpg
South Shore Wood PelletsWe understand that oil has been dropping, but the manufactures of these alternative products have not adjusted there prices this year. Lets hope they do this spring and into next heating season. Oil burning customers are at an advantage this year for sure, but we have plenty of people using Electric, Gas and propane to heat there homes and they are still saving huge at the moment. Cords of wood are selling for $350.00 a cord and over on the south shore off route 3 they are selling a cord of wood for $450.00. So comparing a cord of wood in our area its still a savings to purchase our alternative wood stove fuels.

"}' data-testid="ufi_comment_like_link">Like · Reply · 19 hrs
this south of Boston

Reactions: JRA and bogieb
brief discussion with South Shore Wood Pellets yesterday.
thinking out loud here. with oil $1.50-1.60 fuel bricks @ $300/ton that is almost 200 gals. roughly 2 mos. burn each. no gain anymore except for the ambiance. any sales of realistic savings on the horizon. another 50* + weekend on the way. again just thinkin?

"}' data-testid="fb-ufi-likelink">LikeCommentShare
Chronological

Comments
View attachment 173533
South Shore Wood PelletsWe understand that oil has been dropping, but the manufactures of these alternative products have not adjusted there prices this year. Lets hope they do this spring and into next heating season. Oil burning customers are at an advantage this year for sure, but we have plenty of people using Electric, Gas and propane to heat there homes and they are still saving huge at the moment. Cords of wood are selling for $350.00 a cord and over on the south shore off route 3 they are selling a cord of wood for $450.00. So comparing a cord of wood in our area its still a savings to purchase our alternative wood stove fuels.

"}' data-testid="ufi_comment_like_link">Like · Reply · 19 hrs
this south of Boston
I went there a lot last year to get loose bags on the weekend. if they are telling the truth manufactures need to shape up quick. I am projected to have a ton of pellets left because of this warm winter and will not be buying more than a ton if any for next season if prices do not drop. Oil is 1.40 where I am, at that price I could keep my house at 75 for the whole winter for less than the amount I spent on three tons of pellets.

I went there a lot last year to get loose bags on the weekend. if they are telling the truth manufactures need to shape up quick. I am projected to have a ton of pellets left because of this warm winter and will not be buying more than a ton if any for next season if prices do not drop. Oil is 1.40 where I am, at that price I could keep my house at 75 for the whole winter for less than the amount I spent on three tons of pellets.
no doubt he is spot on with electric heating. gas I don't have a clue, maybe someone can chime in on that. the brick I use are great, but the new boiler will knock them on it's@@@.

It's interesting that at this late date in the season, I still see NEWPS trucks today leaving the Jaffrey, NH plant loaded with pellets going wherever. Tells me they are still filling contracts for vendors that must have been ordered months ago.

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.