pellets in the akron area?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoveguy2esw

Minister of Fire
Nov 14, 2006
madison hgts. va
looking to get an idea on pricing / availability of pellets in the greater akron ohio area. am doing a donor install in august and am looking to see what i will need for pellets expense wise, and i need to know if i need to wire money ahead to the donor reciepient to purchase the pellets , i'd really not like to have to ship or carry fuel from here in Va up there if i can avoid it.

any input would be appreciated.

My friend just bought his at the Ravenna Ohio Tractor Supply store. They had a special $179.00 a ton. The problem is that delivery is not available. Lowes offered delivery last year, but wanted $250.00 a ton. Most of the stores (Home Depot and Lowes) do not have their pellets available until September. Some of the local dealers have offered pre-orders but are having trouble getting shipment. If you can find them, delivery will be your biggest issue.

Mike call me, I have pellets, not the "almost premium" pellets from the big box stores. Cell phone number in you PM. The store is 330-876-0200, I will be in and out on Tuesday.

Eric

many thanks to both posters , talked to eric at Kinsman stoves a bit ago , will be seeing him next month it appears. eric was kind enough to take time to chat. im looking forward to visiting his shop.

eric , by the way , Dee (the wife) ran a mapquest its 58 miles so thats not too bad, thanks again my friend

Heck I know where you could do a donor install and only have to drive 143 miles. Crown provided. :lol:

dang BB you gotta must have more flues than cats have lives, besides, i offered to come help ya drop in that second 30 didnt i?

personally i think he wanted to see the factory, tell ya what BB , if you can make it down again ,and i know far enough ahead, i'll walk ya through the plant. actually , you could see both of em now. but i GOTTA know in advance. (and no its not to hide stuff!!!!!!) lol gotta schedule it, boss keeps me hoppin, would be good anyway , corie could show ya the "skunk works" but you've already seen that.

stoveguy2esw said:
dang BB you gotta must have more flues than cats have lives, besides, i offered to come help ya drop in that second 30 didnt i?

personally i think he wanted to see the factory, tell ya what BB , if you can make it down again ,and i know far enough ahead, i'll walk ya through the plant. actually , you could see both of em now. but i GOTTA know in advance. (and no its not to hide stuff!!!!!!) lol gotta schedule it, boss keeps me hoppin, would be good anyway , corie could show ya the "skunk works" but you've already seen that.

Seen the plant and shook the hand of the guy that designed my stove. Only thing I missed was the stamping room and seeing sparks fly. I'll catch that part some day maybe.

The next stove will be the pellet stove to go in the fireplace where the 30 hangs out. I am feeling the end of the days I can whack those trees and lug them up the hill coming up real soon. Getting old was fun. Being old sucks.

BrotherBart said:
stoveguy2esw said:

Seen the plant and shook the hand of the guy that designed my stove. Only thing I missed was the stamping room and seeing sparks fly. I'll catch that part some day maybe.

The next stove will be the pellet stove to go in the fireplace where the 30 hangs out. I am feeling the end of the days I can whack those trees and lug them up the hill coming up real soon. Getting old was fun. Being old sucks.

well corie did an insert version of the EP, looks sharp but the BTU output isnt quite on par with that 30, i'll see if i can dig up a picture of it , i have a few from the atlanta show that show it in a "mock up" that the maintenance guys built for the show, it actually looks pretty authentic even though its wood, they found a spray that looks like granite or somthing , pretty kool stuff.

here's the pic...
hpba08021-1-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.