Pellets only drop of I unplug and plug back in stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AimeeL

Dec 6, 2014
Massachusetts
Hello. I have a heatilator ecochoice. Recently pellets won’t drop on their own. Stove starts up, but pellets don’t drop.
I do not believe it is a clog because if I unplug the stove and then plug it back in it runs fine for a cycle.

Try jumping the vacuum switch. If it works normal then check you vac hose and ports to make sure they are clear.

Try jumping the vacuum switch. If it works normal then check you vac hose and ports to make sure they are clear.

update: I replaced the vacuum switch and hose, replaced snap disk #3. Stove worked great for about 5 days, but then went back to not dropping pellets unless I unplugged stove to reset it. Any other ideas?

thorough cleaning including the vent pipe and combustion blower and chamber