Pelletvent Pro to Harman XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Shank

May 21, 2022
Ohio
Hello,

I am starting to gather vent components for my Harman XXV.

My main question is adapting from the appliance to the pipe. I will be doing a tee right off the stove and going out the roof (single story house, stove on main floor). All 4" pipe.

I have a few different options from what I see. I am looking for the most efficient (and ideally shortest distance away from stove) solution.

1:
Harman Adapter Increaser: 3PVP-X4ADHB
Single Tee w/ Clean-Out Tee Cap: 4PVP-TB1

2: Almost the same thing but with increaser tee:
Harman Adapter: 3PVP-ADHB
Increaser Tee w/ Clean-Out Tee Cap: 4PVP-T3B1

3:
Increaser Adapter Tee w/ Clean-Out Tee Cap: 3PVP-TADX4B1

I like the idea of option 3 as it is just one single component, but I am not certain if this will seal nearly as well as the first two options?

Maybe this will help others in the future,

Duravent sent back:

3 is the shortest option BUT will likely not fit the Harman outlet.

Option 1 is the best as its the most available tee.

I would really like to try option 3 but it isn't exactly a cheap piece.

Any chance you could post photos or a sketch of your proposed set up? Best is the least amount of connections

1659033767233.png

It will be standard through ceiling install.

Attaching to the stove will be the appliance adapter. The tee will attach to that.

From this will be (3) sections of straight pipe going vertically. (have to have the through ceiling trim piece plus all the necessary flashings for going through roof and insulation in ceiling plus supports).

Have you considered the harman XXV Adapter to 6" pipe that is shown in the XXV manual?
It mounts to the back of the stove and connects to 6" pipe through the ceiling.

Reactions: ABusWrench
Have you considered the harman XXV Adapter to 6" pipe that is shown in the XXV manual?
It mounts to the back of the stove and connects to 6" pipe through the ceiling.

I don't see much advantage to this method as it would be more costly.

All pipe is ordered or currently here. Hoping to have the install done in the next month or two.

Reactions: Washed-Up