Pelpro Acutron 4 shut off during operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Yuneec Pilot

Jan 15, 2018
Bessemer, MI
I have a Pel pro step top pellet stove which was working well. Tonight the house filled with smoke and I ran down to find the stove shut off. The control had no light showing. I unplugged and plugged back in and hit start; the lights and fans came on. I hit stop just to help cool it down and get the smoke out.

Now I'm really afraid to run the stove until I get some input. The control seems to work okay now, but I haven't started it long enough to let if fire back up. It took an hour to get the smoke out of the house and my wife wants it gone. Any suggestions? A search of the forum turned up no information on a control just stopping during normal operation.