theRog05 Posted By theRog05, Jan 27, 2015 at 11:02 AM

1. theRog05

theRog05
    Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 15, 2014
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    OK. Thanks for the info. I work by the Lowe's in Henrietta so I'll check and see if they have anything. I have a shop vac that also turns into a blower so maybe I can use that and rig an adapter up. I could probably take the cap off the top and run the vacuum through the entire pipe (attached picture). I'll make sure the stove door is open as well so it does not damage the vacuum switches.

This sure beats unbolting the combustion fan and brushing everything out like I did yesterday.

Attached Files:

2. Mysticenchantment

Mysticenchantment
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 16, 2014
    Loc:
    Avon, NY
    That's a lot of pipe. I'm not sure a shop vac would move enough air, although if you were able to fashion the brush on the end of the hose it could vacuum up the debris as it passes through.

Sadly enough I'm at that particular Lowe's almost weekly. The staff is all helpful and the place is clean. The place in Holley is waiting for a shipment of Dry Creek to come in. I'm going to have to get some.

3. theRog05

theRog05
    Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 15, 2014
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Yeah, I'll have to give a few things a try. If going from the top doesn't work I'll take off the pipe from the T and blow it out from there. The only reason I have that much pipe is because of my town codes. Needed to be a certain distance from windows that open. And unfortunately that was the only spot it could go. Higbies in Chili has some American Wood Fiber bags right now but are limiting to 5 bags per person. Do you know if the place in Holley delivers? Might be worth it for me to pay them to deliver some Dry Creek.

4. Jmsich2009

Jmsich2009
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 3, 2017
    Loc:
    Lansing, MI
    I know this post is pretty old, but I'm curious as i just bought a PelPro PP130 a couple weeks ago and it has stopped working. When i called customer service they said it sounds like a dial control problem and are sending me a new one. What was your stove doing when it was not operating correctly? Mine is flashing a green light on the dial control saying that its ready to start, but no matter what i do it will not feed or fire up. No red or amber lights at all