PelPro PP130 - Beating the Cold

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
OK. Thanks for the info. I work by the Lowe's in Henrietta so I'll check and see if they have anything. I have a shop vac that also turns into a blower so maybe I can use that and rig an adapter up. I could probably take the cap off the top and run the vacuum through the entire pipe (attached picture). I'll make sure the stove door is open as well so it does not damage the vacuum switches.

This sure beats unbolting the combustion fan and brushing everything out like I did yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_20141122_113504017_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20141122_113504017_HDR.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 260
That's a lot of pipe. I'm not sure a shop vac would move enough air, although if you were able to fashion the brush on the end of the hose it could vacuum up the debris as it passes through.

Sadly enough I'm at that particular Lowe's almost weekly. The staff is all helpful and the place is clean. The place in Holley is waiting for a shipment of Dry Creek to come in. I'm going to have to get some.

Yeah, I'll have to give a few things a try. If going from the top doesn't work I'll take off the pipe from the T and blow it out from there. The only reason I have that much pipe is because of my town codes. Needed to be a certain distance from windows that open. And unfortunately that was the only spot it could go. Higbies in Chili has some American Wood Fiber bags right now but are limiting to 5 bags per person. Do you know if the place in Holley delivers? Might be worth it for me to pay them to deliver some Dry Creek.

I know this post is pretty old, but I'm curious as i just bought a PelPro PP130 a couple weeks ago and it has stopped working. When i called customer service they said it sounds like a dial control problem and are sending me a new one. What was your stove doing when it was not operating correctly? Mine is flashing a green light on the dial control saying that its ready to start, but no matter what i do it will not feed or fire up. No red or amber lights at all

Jmsich2009,

I have the Pelpro pp130 too, and thought I was getting a great product from Tractor Supply since the reviews on their website were all so positive. This stove has been a disappointment to say the least. Mine worked for a couple of times when I first hooked it up, then it started acting up. Mine was going into startup mode with the blinking green light, and then once it started and fired up it would then go right into the shutdown mode and go out. I called PelPro, and after being on hold for about 20 minutes a nice lady listened, and diagnosed the problem as a faulty control knob. They sent me out a new control knob. The new control knob got my stove to fire up just fine, but it only runs on the high setting (steady amber light) no matter what the dial control is set on. It continues to run on high even when in the OFF position. I have discovered if I unplug it for 10 seconds, and then plug it back in it the stove will go into shutdown mode, but I have to keep an eye on it, and unplug it when the shutdown sequence is finished. If I don't unplug it, the stove will start back up (knob in OFF position) and burn at the high setting as soon as the shutdown sequence is finished. So, good luck to you, I'm on my second control knob, and it seems that I got another bad one from PelPro. They obviously have a quality control problem here. You may want to unplug your stove when your not using it, just in case it gets a mins of it's own like my stove did. Good Luck, I'm thinking I should have bought a different stove.

I also just bought the PP130.. My control knob is also supposedly bad.. They are sending out a new one.. My stove remains in comfort mode no matter where the knob is, even in the OFF position.. So, it keeps starting back up after every shut down. I have to unplug it to keep it off.

I suspect the control knob on my PP130 as well. It's nearly impossible to set the actual temp using the knob, the range that it starts up and shuts down is all over the place. One day 2 will still be running at 74 degrees in the house and the next day I'll come home and and it'll 64 degrees and it still hasn't come on yet. It would be nice if there was a digital retrofit replacement for the knob.

When the MFR sends new one do you have to return the faulty one?