Pelpro pp130 control board bad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vtpenguin

Feb 28, 2014
Vt
hello. I have a Pelpro pp130 that is about 4 years old. I regret not buying a harmon, but i have it now and can't afford to just replace it. tail end of last winter the convection blower fan went bad, and the burn pot was burned through on one side. i replaced both of those parts. i foolishly, forgot to unplug the power to the stove (I know it was stupid!) and as a result i fried the control board. The convection blower is stuck "on" all the time now even if the stove is "off". i found that it will still work though, but i didn't run it for long. i already put 300 dollars into a 4 year old, 1200 stove, not sure I want to keep putting money in. Any thoughts on if I just used it as it is currently working? just unplug it when its not in use to keep the fan from running all the time? Or any thoughts on where I can get a cheaper replacement control board? maybe one that is refurbished?

More than likely a shorted triad, easy fix if you.can find an electronic technician willing to work on it. Those parts are usually just a few dollars, labor is another matter.