Pelpro PP60 question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dandersox

Jan 15, 2017
Central Iowa
Installed a Pelpro PP60 last fall in my mancave. I was wanting to run it in comfort mode on low like 1 or 2 while away, then turn it up when I'm there.
The problem is that it wouldn't shut down. I had the dial set between 1 and 2 and the stove kept feeding and the room was up to 85 degrees and not stopping.
I pulled the sensor out in the back of the stove, it had a few extra feet of wire, and positioned it to the side of the stove. It didn't effect it. Any advise?

L. Running in the Comfort Level Mode
When the dial control is set to run in the automatic mode the unit will adjust the actual burn rate based on the difference between the room temperature as sensed by the probe located in the rear of the unit and the desired comfort level as set on the dial control. The comfort level range is from 65 degrees Fahrenheit to 82 degrees Fahrenheit. Once the desired comfort level is achieved the appliance will automatically shut down and turn off. When the temperature in the room drops 3 degrees below the desired comfort level, the appliance will automatically restart.
Manual here!