PelPro PPC90/TSC90 and Ecobee

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kafox

Dec 20, 2018
MA
Hello,

Has anyone successfully hooked up an Ecobee thermostat (or any 24V thermostat really) to a PelPro PPC90/TSC90 ?

I would like to be able to manage the pellet stove with an external wifi thermostat and my main thermostat is an Ecobee, so its the one I am looking at. PelPro says the stove is compatible with millivolt thermostats, but I am hoping its possible to make it work with the Ecobee.

Stove has two thermostat wire connectors, so I know I would need an external transformer to provide Common power to the thermostat. Would I also need to add a relay to protect the stove components?

Thanks

I'd be real careful doing that. If you backfeed the T'stat lugs on the board, it will destroy it. Millivolt is millivolt, not 24 VDC

And that's exactly why I am asking! I did see another thread where someone did it with a different millivolt stove. Could I not do something similar?

I'm old school. Too much whiz bang stuff for me. It's a frigging pellet stove not a rocket ship. I'll stick with a simple millivolt digital set back T'stat.

Reactions: johneh
Yes it can be done but you need to interface it with a relay that you have to make yourself.
Ecobee millivolt wiring diagram.JPG

You'll have to buy the transformer and relay (relay is to the right of the furnace it must be 24v) Thermostat can be any wifi stat. An Ecobee works fine. I'm controlling my p43 with one.
Hope this helps.
Ron

Reactions: kafox
That's where you and I differ! Do appreciate the perspective though
You probably aren't as old as I am either....