pelpro stove problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildman2

Feb 4, 2015
new york
I have an older model pelpro stove the problem is combustion problem but don't know how to fix it the stove will run great for a few hours then it will act up sometimes it will do this a lot run great slow down run great slow down. the combustion fan will slow down then the flame gets real lazy sometimes the auger light will flash which shows a vacuum problem according to the book the stove has new door seal, but it still
runs crappy then the fan will speed up and run normal I replaced the combustion fan but still have the problem would this be a vacuum or board problem thanks for any imput

Have a voltmeter? Check the voltages to the exhaust fan if possible while running. If they are going up and down as you suspect the board is probably an issue.

Have a voltmeter? Check the voltages to the exhaust fan if possible while running. If they are going up and down as you suspect the board is probably an issue.
I put a meter on the fan and yes the voltage changed fro 120 to 66 volts I had to replaced the board and it took care of the problem to bad the boards are so expensive

See if you can find someone to fix the board and you will have a spare.

I have an older model pelpro stove the problem is combustion problem but don't know how to fix it the stove will run great for a few hours then it will act up sometimes it will do this a lot run great slow down run great slow down. the combustion fan will slow down then the flame gets real lazy sometimes the auger light will flash which shows a vacuum problem according to the book the stove has new door seal, but it still
runs crappy then the fan will speed up and run normal I replaced the combustion fan but still have the problem would this be a vacuum or board problem thanks for any imput
I've seen problems like this before and adjusting the fan speed up slightly fixed it. Note the current position of the FAN potentiometer on your control board. When the flame is burning lazy try turning knob CCW with a very small screw driver and write down how far you moved in case you want to back to original position. Suggest small changes like less than 20 degrees rotation at a time Total allowed rotation on this adjustment is less than turn and its plastic so go easy on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.