Pennington, Are they good?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wert

Nov 27, 2010
Hudson Valley NY
Natures Heat by Pennington. Are they worth 4:50 a bag? Im in NY state.

I got some that I used to compete for longest pellet! Did not burn very well either but that was two seasons ago.

Walmart used to have penningtons...
Worst pellet Ive ever used.
Each stove is different as to what it likes and doesn't like, Buy a bag or 2 and try before larger purchase.

They are a ok shoulder pellet if the price is right, burn a little dirty on low settings better on higher. Ash is normal for box store brands.

In 2011 I bought some that the pellets had a pink tint to them and smelled sorta oily, they burnt great, I have never ran into ones like that since.

I know people who buy them by the ton and love them.
Each their own I guess.

Reactions: RDay

4.50 a bag. What are other box store brands going for there?

Penningtons are $5 a bag here. At lowes and Hd I can get pellets for $4.60 a bag.

I think natures heat sucked.. ran dirty and ashy for me...

Pennington has some in a yellow and white bag that were great...only found them at the store I bought my stove from though

I tried a couple of bags this week from Walmart and was surprised as they burned just as good as the new cubex I have.
Maybe I got a good batch.

I used them my first season, 7 years ago. I won't make that mistake again. Pennington makes bedding for stables; they should stick to that. But as long as Wally Mart continues to sell the worst crap on the planet(not just pellets!) There are much better choices out there.

I ran 20-30 bags of them when I got my stove in march this past winter. Ran them in my heatilator ps50 with 0 issues. I cannot compare them to much because this is my first season with the stove.

They seemed to be good to me for the price (got them for 3.80-3.90 ish a bag, cant remember exactly the price, with military discount)

I used them my first season, 7 years ago. I won't make that mistake again. Pennington makes bedding for stables; they should stick to that. But as long as Wally Mart continues to sell the worst crap on the planet(not just pellets!) There are much better choices out there.

I do recall a few years back they had issues with I believe it was metal in their pellets.
I need to get one more ton for to be safe this year.
Would like to try something other than cubex though,

Status
Not open for further replies.