Permatex

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokenwing

Feeling the Heat
Feb 11, 2012
Northern Maryland
I noticed last night a little smell, and I am out of Rutland High Heat silicone, so I ran to the automotive store and got some permatex orange high heat. I am just riding it out till I can pull this pipe. My stove adapter now looks like vinnys, until he redid his with Icc Excell pipe. Is that stuff pretty tough, I have a month and a half to go before I shut the stove down. I have used this stuff on valve cover gaskets, but never a pellet stove.

What's their definition of "high heat"?

I have the ultra black on my pellet pipe joints inside and out. No issues. Rated for 800::F IIRC. Tubes should have the heat rating on them.

If it's the Permatex Ultra Copper then that's what I used on my pipe and door gasket. Works well and rated to 700F.

Status
Not open for further replies.