Perplexed with Lopi Pioneer issues...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Silverfox824

Feb 3, 2018
DELAWARE
As I sat here one night & I noticed that my pellet stove had gone out. Bought & replaced convection fan. On the restart, the stove went through normal sequence. Convection fan turned on then stopped after a few minutes!!! Replaced the snap disc next, and also pulled apart & cleaned the exhaust blower housing. Started unit, it went thru the sequence, and the same thing happened. Convection fan didn't even stay on for 3 minutes. Right now, and after almost 2 hours of it feeding and burning pellets, unit has not shut off to reveal maintenance code of 2, 4, or 6. Appreciate input...please. How long will this burn without convection fan???

It will continue to run untill it overheats or runs out of pellets.is the new covection fan an OEM or one from ebay? Alot of the ebay motors claim to be replacements, but they are not compatible with speed control. If you can put your convection fan on high and see if it works

It will continue to run untill it overheats or runs out of pellets.is the new covection fan an OEM or one from ebay? Alot of the ebay motors claim to be replacements, but they are not compatible with speed control. If you can put your convection fan on high and see if

The new convection fan is from Travis Industries, made for Lopi Pioneer and Avalon units. It was purchased from the authorized dealer who also sold me the unit.
I did take the initiative to call a few other authorized Lopi Pellet Stove dealers as well.
They suggested buying a new High Limit Hopper Disc and replacing it first, because it is a much cheaper option than bringing in a repairman. I am going to spend $16.00 first, before I spend $250-300 for service.
Thank you for responding.