Piazetta Sabrina Successful Ignitor change

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ravippe

Mar 12, 2018
New Hampshire
So yesterday I replaced my ignitor!

Turn off the stove first and unplug it

Basic steps are take the grate off on the top that has 4 screws... Take off the bottom metal peice by opening the glass door slightly and look down you will see two screws ... Then lift up and pull out. This will allow you to see the bottom or the exasust motor , looks pretty Spacey.

Now you can unscrew the screws holding the big coffee table size cover on the right side. Towards the back it also has screws, you only need to losen the back ones and do not unscrew completely because it's much much easier to slide it on from the back then snap it closed in the front.

Ok after that peek inside and vacuum everything. Then look at th ignitor, it has two blue wires coming out of it, it's located right at the level your pot fills with pellets. Unplug it from the connector by pulling both ends...kind of like unplugging a hard drive from a computer ..same type of connection.Now use a small , not large, adjustable wrench on the actual metal ignitor where there's the notch where it screws in and push down.. that's counter clockwise. It's gentle and very easy to do. It's metal so you won't break anything. Then just pull it out and up a little if you run out of room and put the new one in. Follow the procedures again but in reverse....I got mine from the internet but the official Piazetta one it was 80 bucks. I don't recommend the after market one ...but your risk.

Had it and running two days in a row no issues.

Mine just passed the 3 year mark... And I was still working perfeftly. But I said.... I rely on this to keep me warm. Should I change it and tear out my hair during winter when im freezing ? I figure they will realistically last 5 years with use mostly all winter ..I work alot and rely on keeping my wife warm.