Piazetta Settings Update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Phil Do's fire.

Minister of Fire
Dec 16, 2012
Hyde Park, NY
In this forum Pascal's sticky thread on internal settings worked for me for several years on the Sveva & Monia. Wood pellet's especially basic softwoods which the stoves were designed for have diminished in quality. I started burning good quality hardwood (CubeX & Barefoot) pellets in 2019 and continue to use them.

After several seasons of testing different pellet feed & combustion air settings, the burn pot no longer plugs up with ash & clinkers. The glass is cleaner and pellet consumption is down by 30%. With the previous settings, the stove consumes @ a temperature of 72 degrees 20Lbs. of fuel every 24 hours down from almost 30 Lbs. with the previous settings.

P-2 heat output is now equivalent to P-3 with the old settings but, with less pellets.

I will share this information at no charge with anyone that knows how to properly navigate the sub-menu settings of their stoves. If you are not somewhat technically proficient, I will forward to a pellet stove repair person.

I DO NOT look at this forum on a regular basis. Please email me; [email protected]

Happy New Year! Phil