Piazzeta Sabrina semi-empty hopper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Oil

Jan 28, 2014
NJ
Hey fellow Piazzetta lovers,

My Sabrina keeps us nice and cozy, but I am finding that all of the pellets are not making their way to the auger. We are often out of the house for up to 16 hours (one reason for choosing the Sabrina), and on a few occasions now I have found that the unit has failed to light upon my return. The unit is still hot, so the failure is recent. When I check the hopper, there are pellets along the wall, but not in the center where the auger is.

I am looking for ideas on how to overcome the force(s) that are preventing the last couple of pounds of pellets from sliding on down.

Many remedies have been tried - graphite, Pam cooking spray on sides, rub with waxed paper. I know this is most apparent with Trebio pellets on my stove - seem to have less trouble with the softwood pellets. The Trebios would bridge over the auger - when "stirred" with a dowel, you could see them settle and fill the void created. No excessively long pellets in either pellet type so I'm not really sure why the difference in feed between soft / hard. Took three shut-downs with hopper half full before I figured it out...

Reactions: Pascal_Maertens
Hey fellow Piazzetta lovers,

My Sabrina keeps us nice and cozy, but I am finding that all of the pellets are not making their way to the auger. We are often out of the house for up to 16 hours (one reason for choosing the Sabrina), and on a few occasions now I have found that the unit has failed to light upon my return. The unit is still hot, so the failure is recent. When I check the hopper, there are pellets along the wall, but not in the center where the auger is.

I am looking for ideas on how to overcome the force(s) that are preventing the last couple of pounds of pellets from sliding on down.
Oh, there are threads with ideas people have tried on their stoves. As for the Sabrina, I know exactly what you are talking about. I don't do anything about it, but I make sure the stove is completely full. I think it's probably easier to top off the bin rather than try to figure out some method to get those last few pounds.

I wonder why they don't use Teflon coated metal

Thank you all! I will just accept physics as my master.

Lake Girl, I haven't seen a difference in this problem with hard or soft wood, but I definitely find that with softwood the glass stays clean longer and is easier to clean.

Can anyone send me the programming manual? My dealer is only slightly less than useless.

Live, Love, Laugh! Evan

I have no clue on how to correct this issue, but for a long weekend I saw someone put an extension on the hopper an by-pass the hopper switch totally not conform for your insurances, but it seem to work well. for those rare occasion I prefer to let the electricity go on.

one solution would be to glue a ''God'' on the side of it lol...

Regard
Pascal

Status
Not open for further replies.