Piazzetta Lazy Flame / Grate clogged

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dyun1dyun1

Jan 12, 2022
Boone, North Carolina
I am new the Pellet Stoves and wanted to know if I am missing the basics. I found the A-Z recommendations helpful. I wanted to get your thoughts about if our stove is operating correctly.

I was having issues (E9/E7/E1 errors) from air coming in from outside, and since removed the ducting connected to the stove and all those errors went away. I feel comfortable keeping it off as the air it is pulling from is clean and unobstructed.

I have a tight flame until after several hours the flame will become lazy as the pellets accumulate and residue isn't complete burnt out. If I the stove in the evening, by the next morning I turn it off to clean out the filled grate and excess soot on the glass windows.

20220120_103407.jpg 20220120_103420.jpg