Piazzetta Marcella Frustration - none responsive control panel?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ccmasrc

Oct 9, 2022
New Hampshire
I have a Piazzetta Marcella 2 seasons old...This will be season 3
The time line of issue:
2 weeks ago went to fire it up for the first time this season.
Display looked normal, but the power button would not turn it on.
Read in a post.. (not here) that unplugging the control panel and re-plugging might fix it
(basically checking its connection). I did this, and.....
The stove panel went into complete hieroglyphics.
The dealer.. over the phone.. (because they cant service it until December)
said replace the control panel because it was fried
did that... same problem.
the dealer said replace the control board main computer because it was fried
did that... same problem
the dealer suggested replacing the data cable because I might have damaged it
did that... same problem!

Insert face palm here! $500.00 in parts so far.

Any help would be great from anyone who knows these beasts.

Thanks

Well if the control boards are new and you are still getting hieroglyphics then start looking at wires, power supply, short circuits, anything electrical.

Start by measuring the electricity from the outlet that feeds the stove. Is the stove on a surge protector? Any surges lately?

Then look at the wires, connections, and such. in the stove. Start by gently wiggling and pulling on the wires to make sure they are well connected. Then look up the stove wiring diagram and get acquainted. You may have to start testing circuits.

You already fired the parts cannon at it, so try the simple and cheap diagnostics now.

Good luck.

Reactions: ccmasrc