piazzetta monia display issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

timfrawley

Oct 6, 2021
I recently purchased a home with a piazzetta monia pellet stove, after cleaning the entire thing i tried plugging it in and the screen on the back just says 000F8. when i try to hold down button 6 to get the the menu, i get a bunch of gibberish letters. it looks like boot8ms8r (roughly) its hard to tell. and then it goes back to 000F8. I cant get any buttons to do much else. It doesnt start up at all. I have no experience with pellet stoves, and no stores anywhere in my local area work on these.

any advice?

Sounds to me like your electronic controls have had a brain fart and it's time to source a new board.

Not sure about where to get it, I'd try getting on the net and type in the brand of the unit and go from there. Hopefully, you have it plugged into a surge suppressor like a Tripp-Lite outlet mounted suppressor and the outlet you are using is properly grounded as well. I consider a surge suppressor a must have item unless you want to replace boards regularly.

None of them are cheap dates either.

That is the one thing ALL stoves have in common, electronic controls.

Open the right metal panel and check on the mother board for the flat grey cable look if it is correctly attached. if so, then try to take the control panel out, use a small screw driver to lift it out, start from the left side take care they are 4 snap and small washers use as spacers about 1 inch from the ends, check again the flat grey cable on the right side if it is in place. if everything is in place then you might have an issue with the mother board i do not have a picture of the control panel but it is easy to removed take your time.

IMG_1287.JPG