piazzetta monia small hopper fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

piaman15

Feb 19, 2022
middletown, ny
hello. i have a piazzetta monia. the gasket at the end of the pellet feed was missing (my fault) and the hopper started to fire. it wouldn’t turn off. i caught it early. there is no damage. the display shows e3 (high hopper temperature) now and the stove won’t start. i tried to reset factory settings. do i need a boot loader? i’m having trouble getting a dealer to help. i live in northern catskill mountains of new york state. i am willing to bring the stove to a knowledgeable dealer.

I have no manuals on the Italian stoves, but did do some research for you,that may help. Some of these stoves have a temperature sensor on the auger. You need to take apart enought to see all the inside of the back of the stove,perhaps sides also. There should(MAY/MIGHT) be a thermistor or temperature probe fastened to the auger tube,somewhere. The wires from it should lead down to a box,somewhere. On this box is a reset button. From what I found, if this is not reset, the error code cannot be cleared. Good luck.

I have no manuals on the Italian stoves, but did do some research for you,that may help. Some of these stoves have a temperature sensor on the auger. You need to take apart enought to see all the inside of the back of the stove,perhaps sides also. There should(MAY/MIGHT) be a thermistor or temperature probe fastened to the auger tube,somewhere. The wires from it should lead down to a box,somewhere. On this box is a reset button. From what I found, if this is not reset, the error code cannot be cleared. Good luck.
i will look when i get home, thank you !

There is usually a manual reset button, for the hopper overheat safety thermostat, located on the back of the stove, sometimes under a black plastic cap. Look near where the power cord plugs into the stove back. The black plastic cap usually unscrews, to reveal a red reset button.

Last edited:
There is usually a manual reset button, for the hopper overheat safety thermostat, located on the back of the stove, sometimes under a black plastic cap. Look near where the power cord plugs into the stove back. The black plastic cap usually unscrews, to reveal a red reset button.
usually, but not on a Piazzetta. They reset when they cool down by them self, the only case I had to deal with, ended in replacing the part.

The Piazzetta Monia Service manual shows a reset button on the back. See page 7, item #21.

Attachments

• MONIA 2.0_Product Information_Installation_Maintenance.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 222
Pascal, I don't know if you heard, but I found a fix for the Ravelli Air Flow meters (Debimeter), with more durable parts. Manly has been testing a repaired sensor in his Francesca.

Outch.... Please let me validate this information, could be on the 2.0 model only. I should have the info by tomorrow !
there is no reset switch on North-American models! the manual you are referring to might be for European model!

no reset switch.jpg