Piazzetta P 963 Trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

chilemike

Oct 21, 2014
chile
Stove ignites and runs for 10 min. or so. Getting warning beeps and then the code E 12 on the remote. All routine maintenance is performed, cleaning etc. E 12 is for the encoder. Do I need to get a tech? Thanks

After checking the Piazzetta sticky on the first page of this forum, I'd drop a line to Pascal Maertens, who is a helpful Piazzetta dealer.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Stove ignites and runs for 10 min. or so. Getting warning beeps and then the code E 12 on the remote. All routine maintenance is performed, cleaning etc. E 12 is for the encoder. Do I need to get a tech? Thanks
E12: ENCODER. Encoder disconnected. Faulty encoder.

Note: The EBM smoke fans have all a mechanical integrated safety which will stop the smoke fan rpm when the smoke fan will be overheated. Stopping the smoke fan during stove work => it gives up alarm E1 or E2 (no more underpressure on the smoke chamber) and in some cases also alarm E12 (ENCODER).

so try to first clean the smoke chamber mostly the write inside wall cause there is and inlet for the pressur switch. and also clean the stove exhaust it goes in by almost 26'' inch make sure all this is clean before proceeding to the rest below.

If the E12 problem will not be solved, try to disconnect the extension cable between PCB and smoke fan and to connect the 3 cables of the smoke fan encoder directly on the PCB (maybe it’s the E12 is a connection problem which will be solved with direct connection on the PCB).

IMG_2197-1.jpg

If the E12 problem will be solved but there comes out a E2 error message or E1 maybe the problem is done by the smoke fan and so you have to replace it with a new one.

I’m at your disposal for all your further consultations & questions.