Piazzetta Sabrina parameters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dom1357

Dec 20, 2019
Massachusetts
I've had a Piazzetta Sabrina for the last 4 years and up until this winter would only run it a day at a time at most, or use it while we've been in the basement, where it's installed. But this winter I decided that I really wanted to use it full time instead of relying on oil heat. This isn't anything new, but it seems like the stove puts out too many pellets at any power level and I need to clean out the stove every day because the flame becomes lazy and it makes me nervous at that size. It doesn't seem like it's pellet dependent. I've used New England pellets up to Douglas Fir and there is not much of a difference. I've read on the forums that people have been able to adjust parameters slow down the feed rate and even increase the automatic grate cleaning.
Is there a way to do this on my own or is special hardware needed?
Thanks for the help!