pics of the harman p61 install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad356

Hearth Supporter
Dec 25, 2009
north java, ny
i dont have a fancy hearth pad, the walls in the house arent even finished. however the stove is up and running safely and i LOVE it. i had it on 2-1/2 lbs per hour last night. i work up this morning and it was 65 downstairs so i cranked her up to 4lbs per hour for a little while and the got the temp up to the thermostat setting of 68 in a few minutes. what a great machine. it produces more heat while burning less. i simply reused my old home-made hearth pad from my 5510. my 5510 is not yet hooked up in the barn, the house is the priorty at this moment, allot of construction has been going on right now. the 5510 will be installed in the barn in the coming weeks.

Attachments

• CIMG0338 (600 x 450).jpg
    CIMG0338 (600 x 450).jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 564
  • CIMG0340 (1080 x 810).jpg
    CIMG0340 (1080 x 810).jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 729
  • CIMG0339 (1080 x 810).jpg
    CIMG0339 (1080 x 810).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 483
Ahh now that's nice. Enjoy the heat!

Yup its a Harman.. I see you have the gel handy.... looks good. Glad all worked out..

Install looks great....a big step-up from the other stove.

Enjoy the heat!!

gfreek said:
Yup its a Harman.. I see you have the gel handy.... looks good. Glad all worked out..

of course i have the jell handy. im not new to manually lighting a stove. i have been manually lighting my 5510 almost since i bought it since the ignition system on that stove is poor to say the least. i decided with that stove im not going to waste my time or money constantly replacing the crappy ignitor. im hoping the 5510 will heat my garage well enough. i think it should. its proabably 8-900 sq foot but the insulation is very poor, stuff im going to have to work on in that building. i think the 8-900 sq ft building is small enough where even that poor USSC should be able to heat it, at least into the 60's. i was using a sunstream torpedo heater which i hate. that kero stinks, its probably the most expensive heat on the planet, and you cannot regulate it. i dont much care for kero. i think of it this way, i can buy a gallon of kero for $4.50 and i can heat for maybe 1.5 hours or can i spend about the same on a bag of pellets for about the same price and it will burn for at least 8 hours. thats running the stove at 5lbs per hour which is a high heat setting. thats not hard to figure out. kero is only good for temporary heat in a building that isnt used much.

Good Luck, nice job!!
Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.