Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice setup Nixon, is that a Kubota? How do you like it? Where in Western PA are ya? Those bars all look like new on those saws.
Yep,L3130 . It's been great ,don't know what I'd do without it. I live a few miles north os West Sunbury . A couple of those saws are wearing new bars. (The 562,550, &346 . )The 372 is wearing the bar off of the 562 which didn't see much use.

Great selection of tools Nixon. Nice wood stacks too.

Reactions: Nixon
Love your set up,the stacks & the property also.

Reactions: ScotO and Nixon
It's hemlock that I bought from the Amish miller up the road for <50 cents a board foot. I've never put a thing on it. I did wash it down once . Every fall I say I'm going to clean and seal ,but never get around to it :(

I put up hemlock on my two sheds and never put anything on them. The nice thing about hemlock is that once it dries it is a pretty tough wood, providing it's not on the ground. Mine is now a nice gray patina.

Saw envy...nice stacks too!

Ya, what species are in da log pile??
The large stack of poles is red ,white ,and what folks here call swamp oak . The smaller stack is all black locust .

Nice piles -of logs, dogs, and saws.
Love that part of the state - used to go up to st marys to a friends cabin and visit the "eternal tap" :)

How do you and Dexter keep your saws so shiny and new looking?

How do you and Dexter keep your saws so shiny and new looking?
I've just gotten into the habit of completely clean the saws any time I use them. That , and anytime I get into really nasty stuff , I borrow my neighbors saw ;-) JK

It's my wife's, just got it this week as she didn't get on with her 346 OE and was coveting my 562 xp.
So far I haven't really buried it as I managed to get Bronchitis , so, I'm kind of laying low this week . But Jan can start it easily , so my 562 is safe.

Lol! No worries of that here nobody but me likes to run the saws. Hope your feeling better.

Need more saws....and dogs.:p

Very nice, wish i had room to store that amount of length on my property, can't wait to move out of town and get back into the country

Status
Not open for further replies.