Picture of my stove and question please.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guest5234

Hope someone can give me information....as you can see on photo my new Jotul stove is finally in situ "hooray" I am going to replace the oak beam that goes across thge top of the inglenook which is just for show (you can just see screwholes) it is only an inch thick and hangs down past the lintel about 3 inches which I am thinking might trap the heat.......question is.....when I replace the oak beam should I leave a gap with washers so that the heat can go between the wall and beam? or will it just be a waste of time....thanks folks.

Picture034.jpg

I'd say trying to space it out is a bit of overkill. That's a relatively small amount of air to be trapped, and the rest will slide under the trapped air and out. The difference to heating the house/room would be absolutely minimal (and unmeasurable).

Status
Not open for further replies.