Pilot lights, main burner won't start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Asham14

Feb 6, 2023
Canada
Hello, I am having an issue with my natural gas fireplace. It is a Vermont Castings Stardance model. I can get the pilot light started but when I turn on the main burner via the remote or the switch attacked to the fireplace, it won't start. Sometimes if I turn on the burner and leave it on, it will randomly start after a period of time. However, if I turn the burner off and try to start it again immediately, it will not start. Does anybody have an idea what may be causing this?

Hello, I am having an issue with my natural gas fireplace. It is a Vermont Castings Stardance model. I can get the pilot light started but when I turn on the main burner via the remote or the switch attacked to the fireplace, it won't start. Sometimes if I turn on the burner and leave it on, it will randomly start after a period of time. However, if I turn the burner off and try to start it again immediately, it will not start. Does anybody have an idea what may be causing this?
Check the output of the Thermopile. Clean the pilot and check the wiring at the valve.