Pipe identification on fireplace pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

darikweitzel

Jun 4, 2019
Mn
i am stuck, I have a fireplace I need to extend out my roof from the attic. Only need like 6 feet of pipe. It’s a triple wall 6”/8”/11” I think. The fireplace is a majestic thulmar fireplace and chimney from the I’d tag. I found a tag on the pipe but half the tag is gone. Can anyone find out from this tag what it actually is?

Attachments

• 583791B9-E044-4FBE-A663-2F5F6344A0B2.jpeg
    583791B9-E044-4FBE-A663-2F5F6344A0B2.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 06173FC2-778F-491E-92C3-DD2F258969C3.jpeg
    06173FC2-778F-491E-92C3-DD2F258969C3.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 105
Triple wall Air cooled pipe, that brand probably has been discontinued, and is no longer available, unless someone is getting rid of the one they have.

Is there insulation on the outer wall or is that blown-in attic insulation that got in between the jackets? If that is attic insulation it must be 100% removed first, from all lengths.

Last edited:
Reactions: darikweitzel
Do we know what brand the pipe is? Maybe could find on eBay? I will have to look if the attic insulation got in the pipe fully or just some. Your right, don’t want to use if it’s full of it! I got an email out to majestic but not sure if it’s their pipe. Waiting response from them to.

My brother scrapped his a few years ago. Look for someone removing a ZC. There were only a few brands.

i am stuck, I have a fireplace I need to extend out my roof from the attic. Only need like 6 feet of pipe. It’s a triple wall 6”/8”/11” I think. The fireplace is a majestic thulmar fireplace and chimney from the I’d tag. I found a tag on the pipe but half the tag is gone. Can anyone find out from this tag what it actually is?
Before investing much time or money into this fireplace what are your goals and expectations from it? If you are expecting to get heat from it you will be dissapointed