Pipe in Thimble Sloping Downward - Can I fix this myself?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it was the chimney cap! Had another chimney company out to look at it since it wasnt looking like an easy fix. He wanted to add another couple feet to the chimney not cheap ($200 for pipe plus labor) I showed him the picture tcassavaugh enlarged and told him to go check the cap. It was completely gunked up. Have the first nice fire lit up in 2 months. Thanks to everyone that contributed :)
I think i'd keep their number and forget the other guys.....they sound like some stand up guys. you might consider adding another section but personally, I think the quote is a little high.....but that is a pretty stainless chimney and im not sure about the cost of a 3-4 ft section. tell them you'll go $200 for the whole thing...or, find the manufacture of the pipe, order a section and then have them put it on...labor only...... add it during the summer and you'll be ready for next year.

I'd be on the horn with the original company and let him know he didn't do his job properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.