played hooky from woodcutting today..pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
well i played hooky from the normal saturday wood cutting....squirrel season has been in and me and the boy has been a few mornings..and then i came home and went to cutting...this morning was the wv youth deer hunt....little work had to be done after this hunt in the way of processing this fine meat...but well worth it..
that is a blood soaked leaf on the deers belly...he actually laid a perfect shot on this doe...exploded the heart
5963A3CE-BEE1-48C2-B482-88F4A4CD3A90-8645-000009077F59A86C.jpg

I still remember my first deer I shot (a nice 8 point buck) with my dad. Those are the best memories a boy can have. Looks like he made out good, I see some fine eats in that doe. Backstraps for the grille!

Reactions: Gasifier
Good times steeltowninwv! You and your son will remember that for a long time. Time to get back to wood fetching.

i hope to one day to have a son to take hunting! Treasure your kids.

Nice kill be some good eating.

Young one is already feeding the family .
Good job Dad ;)

Congrats! I'm taking my daughter on a special youth deer hunt next weekend.

fv

Status
Not open for further replies.