Pleasant Hearth PH50CABPS & Cinder Block Chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jake1297

Apr 5, 2009
Maine
Hi all, I'm going to replace my wood stove with a pellet stove. Can I pipe it directly into the existing chimney? Or should I install the 4" liner in the chimney. Chimney is dedicated to the wood stove only and is tile lined 6"x9".. The house is a two story house and the stove will be on the first floor.

Hi all, I'm going to replace my wood stove with a pellet stove. Can I pipe it directly into the existing chimney? Or should I install the 4" liner in the chimney. Chimney is dedicated to the wood stove only and is tile lined 6"x9".. The house is a two story house and the stove will be on the first floor.
Just go by the instruction samples in the install manual, it will either show it lined all the way, part way etc. Unless it's one of those stoves with a lousy manual LOL.

Just go by the instruction samples in the install manual, it will either show it lined all the way, part way etc. Unless it's one of those stoves with a lousy manual LOL.
Thanks for the idea I never thought of. The manual online. I found it and read it, and yes I can use the cinder block, clay tile lined chimney. Thanks again.

Reactions: alternativeheat
Status
Not open for further replies.