Please Help Identify Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LampLighter

Hearth Supporter
Jan 15, 2008
Rebuilding a small Fisher (so it says on the right door) , and have no info,
nor can I find any internet reference to this particular model.
"4/29/85 HA" stamped on steel tape inside door tops.

20X23 with double doors, glass inserts.
Air feeds are above and below door flange, consisting of narrow sliding plates.
Any suggestions as to air setting protocol for optimal burn much appreciated, as top and bottom
air feed likely have different dynamics starting and running.

Somewhat surprised there is no firebox baffle, save for a small disc drop-mounted from interior
flue exit. The firebrick retaining clips would afford a proper ledge for a 17.75" X 11" 1/4" steel
plate that would cover the top step-up chamber area and still leave plenty of exit throat in front,
as it would still be dropped enough, and not restrict the net firebox terribly.

Is that a sound or dangerous scheme, one that has been tried, or complete lunacy?

Also, in replacing firebrick splits, I find that the widths from different sources vary from
4" to 4 1/2 ". Not that it really matters, as I have to make brick cuts regardless, but it would
make sense to have those cut inserts as wide as possible.

Have seen reference to "low density" firebrick, but no supplier I spoke with was familiar with the term.

Much obliged for any commentary.

Looks like a date stamping to me.

Yes, definitely appears to be a date stamp.
I'm surprised there is no baffle as Fishers were known for their unique baffle design that contributed to their efficiency and long burn times. You mentioned there's a disk of some sort mounted by the flu collar? Maybe your Fisher is a different design aimed at compliance with phase I EPA regs? I think that was around 1985.
Maybe post some pics so we can get a look at that sucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.