Please help me pick out a UPS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmaine

Apr 4, 2009
USA
Hi all, I know this topic has already had a lot of discussion and I have read all the previous posts on the subject, but when it comes to electronics I guess I'm a bit of a dummy. I have looked at the ups units at Staples, Best Buy, Radio shack and on line. The more I look the more confused I get. Some are rated in watts, some VA, some say they will automatically shut down , some have surge protection some not. In short I have no idea what to get. This is my first year with a pellet stove ( Harman P68). I have it plugged in to a 3600 joule surge protector for normal use. I also have a Generac Centurion portable generator for use when the power goes out. Here in southern Maine the power " flickers" quite often and extended power outages are not uncommon. I am looking for a UPS to keep the stove running well during power "flickers" and to keep constant, clean power to the stove when using the generator. So i was hoping someone could please help me pick out which UPS to get ( please be specific). My budget is $200 or under, If possible.
Thanks
JB

I bought one from Staples. It cost 79.99 "Cyberpower AVR 685 Va 8 output UPS" Has great reviews. Check it out on Staples website.

DannMarr said:
I bought one from Staples. It cost 79.99 "Cyberpower AVR 685 Va 8 output UPS" Has great reviews. Check it out on Staples website.

Thanks, what brand stove do you have?
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.