Please help me select a reasonably priced liner kit.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wildbilljp

Nov 30, 2018
Ky
bholler, I found where you said the "2 ply" liners were junk. I would have thought 2 plies would be better than one?
Ok, first off, I can do the install. I have a 13x13 x23 foot terracotta lined chimney that is clean.
We have a BK Princess insert due in around the 26th-27th.
I have searched this and other sites until my eyes are clouded. Amazon, Rockford, Forever Vent, Fireside, Duravent and so on.
bholler, I found where you said the "2 ply" liners were junk. I would have thought 2 plies would be better than one?
My problem is I see product details I don't understand for example:

"2 ply"

"basic"

"smooth wall"

Man, I just want to get it done correctly without overkill and wasted money.

What about this liner? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076JRD28Z/?tag=hearthamazon-20
Or can you guys with experience recommend a liner kit with insulation kit included?
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

Ok, first off, I can do the install. I have a 13x13 x23 foot terracotta lined chimney that is clean.
We have a BK Princess insert due in around the 26th-27th.
I have searched this and other sites until my eyes are clouded. Amazon, Rockford, Forever Vent, Fireside, Duravent and so on.
My problem is I see product details I don't understand for example:

"2 ply"

"basic"

"smooth wall"

Man, I just want to get it done correctly without overkill and wasted money.

What about this liner? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076JRD28Z/?tag=hearthamazon-20
Or can you guys with experience recommend a liner kit with insulation kit included?
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks
That liner will work fine. I really prefer heavy wall liners because they are much more durable and have a much smoother interior. But basic light wall like you linked to should hold up for 20 years or so on a stove burnt full time unless it is abused.

Reactions: Wildbilljp
That liner will work fine. I really prefer heavy wall liners because they are much more durable and have a much smoother interior. But basic light wall like you linked to should hold up for 20 years or so on a stove burnt full time unless it is abused.
bholler, can you recommend a heavy wall liner that is reasonable on price?

bholler, can you recommend a heavy wall liner that is reasonable on price?
I have HomeSaver Roundflex and bholler has mentioned Ventis and Excel. Maybe he said Olympia is a consumer version of Ventis, I don't recall..?
None of them are cheap, but I have peace of mind with the heavy liner, and I think it will outlast me.

I have HomeSaver Roundflex and bholler has mentioned Ventis and Excel. Maybe he said Olympia is a consumer version of Ventis, I don't recall..?
None of them are cheap, but I have peace of mind with the heavy liner, and I think it will outlast me.
Thanks, will have a look at those....

There are no ventis liners. Ventis is made by Olympia chimney supply. Their heavy wall liner is armor flex. They also make a midweight liner called hybrid which is good as well.

Btw they now also own Copperfield who made your liner.

Reactions: Woody Stover
OK, so I went with this liner:
Fireside Chimney Supply FireFlex 316Ti Basic Flexible Chimney Liner Kit - 6in x 25ft With 1/2"Insulation Kit

I know it is not the mid-grade or heavy liner some suggested but I will end up burning 5 maybe 6 months out of the year and not hard burning either so this liner should last me 20 years or better. Plus, our wood burning is a supplement to the heat pump. I'm hoping that the insert cuts my electric bill way down but I guess we'll know in a few months.
Yes, it is lifetime warranted liner but 20 years from now, who knows. Anyway, had to keep to what I could afford right now.
To those who answered my liner questions, thanks for the feedback.
Hearth.com

OK, so I went with this liner:
Fireside Chimney Supply FireFlex 316Ti Basic Flexible Chimney Liner Kit - 6in x 25ft With 1/2"Insulation Kit

I know it is not the mid-grade or heavy liner some suggested but I will end up burning 5 maybe 6 months out of the year and not hard burning either so this liner should last me 20 years or better. Plus, our wood burning is a supplement to the heat pump. I'm hoping that the insert cuts my electric bill way down but I guess we'll know in a few months.
Yes, it is lifetime warranted liner but 20 years from now, who knows. Anyway, had to keep to what I could afford right now.
To those who answered my liner questions, thanks for the feedback.
Hearth.com
It will work fine. Just won't last as long as the heavier stuff but for the price it isn't bad.

For the record many of the lifetime warranties are for the predetermined lifetime of the product. I don't know what this one is though.