Please help with our king 5510 pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoagyupnorth

Jan 28, 2013
We purchased a used king 5510 and are having problems. The dash on the control panel never stops blinking. According to the manuel "this indicates that the stove is in the normal run mode and is ramping from the current heat range setting to the target heat range setting. Once the ramp is complete, the dash will stop flashing. For the ramping from heat range 1 to 5 the default time is 12 minutes ( with 90 second ramp time). But it does not say anything about the dash always flashing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Do you have a thermostat connected? If not check the control board for a jumper between the thermostat wire connectors. Maybe the previous owner had a stat connected?

If the jumper is missing and no stat is connected you'll always see that flash on the display.

Thank you for your response. They did have a thermostat connected. Do you think this would also be why we cannot get the panel to change from automatic to manual?

Possibly. I know that I had a similar issue last year. I have a stat connected to my 6041, which has a similar if not identical control board. I had turned the stat off and forgot to turn it back on so the stove never left low.

The jumper needed is the same as found on computer motherboards. If you don't have one handy, you can run a wire between the two spade connectors on the board. The connectors should be at the top left of the board when looking at the back of the control board.

Not familiar with your stove but 343amc's advice seems logical :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.