Please need help with anyone that owns a us stove, model 5500m pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kevin R

Nov 12, 2018
Maine
I need to know how long the auger runs in heat settings 1,2,3,4. I need to know how long the auger runs and how long it stops in each heat setting. We had a really quick power outage and it fried a chip on the board. I replaced the chip but now i need to reprogram the board but i dont know how long the auger stays on anf off. It would be in seconds if someone could watch there pellet stove and write down how long the auger runs and stops for in each heat setting. I called us stove and they know the times for each heat setting but they do not want to tell me. They want me to buy a new board for $579.00 plus $22.00 for shipping. If anyone could help me i would appreciate it very much.

Did you have a surge protector at the power source .

get the best surge detector you can afford..it'll save you another board replacement....the really really really good ones are $100 or so.

wish I would have known.In the mean time went and got a brand new pelpro60.it doesn't call to plug in to surge protector but guessing a smart decision

Buy a small UPS, it will protect your circuits and give you maybe 20 min of run time should the power go out. They are great for those blips of power going out while the main line resets (45 sec to 2 min)