Kevin R Posted By Kevin R, Dec 13, 2018 at 5:51 PM

1. Kevin R

Kevin R
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2018
    Loc:
    Maine
    I need to know how long the auger runs in heat settings 1,2,3,4. I need to know how long the auger runs and how long it stops in each heat setting. We had a really quick power outage and it fried a chip on the board. I replaced the chip but now i need to reprogram the board but i dont know how long the auger stays on anf off. It would be in seconds if someone could watch there pellet stove and write down how long the auger runs and stops for in each heat setting. I called us stove and they know the times for each heat setting but they do not want to tell me. They want me to buy a new board for $579.00 plus $22.00 for shipping. If anyone could help me i would appreciate it very much.

2. Kevin R

Kevin R
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2018
    Loc:
    Maine
    The pellet stove is a us stove model 5500m.

3. metermaid2

metermaid2
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2018
    Loc:
    LaPorte,IN
    what did you end up doing?having problems also and didn't know about a chip.mine is 5500m also

4. BUBIBEAR

BUBIBEAR
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 18, 2010
    Loc:
    central maine
    Did you have a surge protector at the power source .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. metermaid2

metermaid2
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2018
    Loc:
    LaPorte,IN
  6. kenora

kenora
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 20, 2007
    Loc:
    Kenora, Ontario, Canada
    get the best surge detector you can afford..it'll save you another board replacement....the really really really good ones are $100 or so.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. metermaid2

metermaid2
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2018
    Loc:
    LaPorte,IN
    wish I would have known.In the mean time went and got a brand new pelpro60.it doesn't call to plug in to surge protector but guessing a smart decision

8. MButkus

MButkus
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 4, 2008
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Buy a small UPS, it will protect your circuits and give you maybe 20 min of run time should the power go out. They are great for those blips of power going out while the main line resets (45 sec to 2 min)

9. metermaid2

metermaid2
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2018
    Loc:
    LaPorte,IN

10. metermaid2

metermaid2
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2018