Plenty of beech!!!! Time to get to work :/ *pics* let's guess the cordage?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHeath

Feeling the Heat
Feb 18, 2013
Northwest NorthCarolina Mtns
It's been 5 years coming but these fellas are just sucking up too much water and laying down too much shade. I'm tired of mowing dirt!!! 4 60 footers, 34 years old. Timber!!!!! Time for some solar panels up top anyhow lol. Enjoy. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 217
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 191
What are the squirrels gonna do? :) They love beech.

Looks like a good outfit, chipping the branches as they go. (Good mulch ;) )

Wood looks pretty wet.
Get it split & stacked up & it should be ready in about 2 years.

2.75 cords

Reactions: CHeath
Yea they worked from top down. One on the ground, one on the bucket with an eager beaver 10". Pretty neat.

1.57, thats some knotty wood

Will make some great firewood.

Alright now how much? Since its all together. I say 2.5. Those logs are huge but no match for the silverado in 4LO

If its 2 or so, that will put me at 6.5 or 7 cord.
image.jpg

Reactions: basod and zap
My guess is just shy of 2 cords. A 24" diameter log that is 8' long is essentially 1/4 cord. Your tree logs look to be a longer than 8' but not 24" so I give you a cord+ there. Limbs take a lot to add up, so there is my guess. But then again photos of wood laid out flat are hard to get into cord perspective so I would be happy to be wrong and see you having 2.5. No matter what it will keep you warm. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.