Pls help me decide between Heat n Glo and Montigo gas fp!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

geode18

Nov 30, 2016
Newton, MA
hello,

We are looking for a Left Corner direct vent propane gas fireplace, and the choice seems to come down to Heat n Glo LCOR - DV36 IN (w/ trad'l log set) or a Montigo. In the Montigo H series, we can purchase either a trad'l log set with the H38DF CL, or we can go more contemporary with the linear burner on the HL38CL.

The cost is similar enough when all components are added up. And the two trad'l units with log sets LOOK pretty similar to me. Partly we simply have to decide if we want the contemporary look with glass "stones", but are there any other significant differences in functionality I may not be aware of? Again, as far as i can tell the efficiency and BTU's appear to be in the same range, though since we must use propane I assume the efficiency lowers a little bit.

And CL stands for Corner Left, but what does DF denote?

Thanks for any help!