Polar bear, insert, help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BLG

Oct 1, 2021
Virginia
Can I use a polar bear insert in a masonry fireplace? I have found a stove I would like to use it at a small cabin. can I use a polar bear insert in a masonry fireplace? I have found a stove I would like to use it at a cabin. Here are some photos of the stove and the fireplace. Thanks Here are some photos of the stove and the fireplace.

E166C2EE-A7C9-4248-A23B-EE5ABC518913.png FDCFEB29-AE40-482D-B739-58BE362E8F7D.jpeg 2B1D820E-B4C9-4EDA-B55D-5C9ECE521168.png

Can I use a polar bear insert in a masonry fireplace? I have found a stove I would like to use it at a small cabin. can I use a polar bear insert in a masonry fireplace? I have found a stove I would like to use it at a cabin. Here are some photos of the stove and the fireplace. Thanks Here are some photos of the stove and the fireplace.

View attachment 302462 View attachment 302463 View attachment 302464
Yes you can use it. You will probably need a hearth extension and will need a full height liner sized appropriately for the stove

Yes you can use it. You will probably need a hearth extension and will need a full height liner sized appropriately for the stove
Thanks. I had planned on putting a stainless steel liner in. The hearth is about 13 inches wide. have been looking for a honey bear, but found this polar bear instead. Cabin is about 900 square feecabin is about 900 square feet.