post Nor'easter cleanup with Stihl 021 14" bar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

excessads

Burning Hunk
Feb 16, 2016
Garden State
We are not particularly handy with power tool. Got 5 down trees 8" diameter max 20' tall all fell and uprooted.
tree guys quoted $450-650 chipped. No thanks!. Asked a good friend of mine lived an hour away for chainsaw advise. We lived in a suburban area with minimal trees, really not worth buying a chainsaw. He ended up come over, showed me how to use the saw and even brought both teenage sons to pick up and stashed branches and logs along curbside for the town to pick up. The saw is well maintained, starts right up, easy to use with minimal kick. It also made a great difference my friend shown me how /where to place pressure on the bar. It went really well with no incident. I took his whole friend for dinner and desserts. Everyone went home happy, what a great day!

Reactions: 49er and Tom123
If your doing regular burning in wood stove or fire place, it's hard to not have a good chain saw. If you do decide to get one, I would invest in a good quality saw.

they are good little saw's i have one close to that size that rides on my ATV. Its used mainly for blow down but have not come across anything yet it cannot handle standing or laying down.

yeah, don't ever underestimate what a smaller saw can do. I've been thinking that a small saw with a 14" bar would be handy as heck.